dinsdag 4 augustus 2009

Damn... why me

Hello everybody,

This afternoon I received a phonecall from the Rabobank (that's the company where I have my bankaccounts) with the question if I used my credit card in Australië for over 850 euro's. In the beginning of July they found me in Dominican Republic (which is true) and a few weeks later I was in Australië. This is sooo not true. Somebody stole the information on my credit card and is now using it. The Rabobank blocked the creditcard and I don't have to pay the costs 'till further notice. They start an investigation and if they find out it was me I have to pay. Otherewise it's not my "problem". They will send me some papers to sign and a new credit card. I had to break this one in 2.

Ow I so hate this. It's not fair. Now I am thinking and thinking. Was it really not me? I mean. Didn't I do something stupid on the internet. I am sure I did not but still it makes me think. I know I have to stop this because I did not buy things for over 850 euro's in Australië. Never been there and maybe never will. Who knows but I wasn't there for sure this year.

I really hope everything will be fine in the end.....

with love

Joyce

2 opmerkingen:

  1. And we're just sooooo sad that she did not take us along to Australia... Sobs...
    I hope I won't get any weird bills...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. how horrible for someone to steal your details!!!
    i hope they catch the SOB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen